To receive CompTIA A+ certification, a candidate must pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials exam (220-701) and the A+ Practical Application exam (220-702). The CompTIA A+ Essentials exam is intended for entry-level IT professionals with at least 500 hours of hands-on experience in the lab or field or the equivalent knowledge. It focuses on fundamental knowledge of computer technology, networking, and security. Candidates should be able to identify hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components, understand the basic functions of the operating system and be able to communicate professionally with customers and peers.
Master the CompTIA A+ Essentials content and be ready for exam day success as quickly as possible with this MeasureUp practice test… We guarantee it!
- Award-winning MeasureUp practice tests are known for superior content and exam-like questions that match objectives.
- Answers with detailed explanations & references to source materials.
- Personal study and timed certification modes with bookmarking, each with instant score reports telling you exactly the areas to focus on.
- Since 1997, MeasureUp has helped millions of certification candidates pass their certification exams with confidence... each with a Test-Pass Guarantee.
The exam tests knowledge of the following areas (top level objectives):
- Objective Total
- Hardware 102
- Networking 47
- Operating System and Software 73
- Operational Procedure 33
- Security 28
- Troubleshooting, Repair & Maintenance 72
- Total 355
This test includes references to the following media:
- Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 16th Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit
- The PC Technology Guide
- PC World
- Windows Help and How-To
- Microsoft Help and Support
- Computer Security Incident Handling Guide
- Microsoft Knowledge Base
- Microsoft TechNet
- The Complete Guide to A+ Certification
- Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 14th Edition
- CompTIA A+ Certification: Essentials
- PC Magazine
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Courseware Manual v3.0: Volume 3
- The PC Guide
- A+ Complete Study Guide, 3rd Edition
- A+ In Depth
- A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit